ABOUT THE SERIES The 2016 Leadership
ABOUT THE SERIES
The 2016 Leadership Mentoring Series will present five successful women entrepreneurs’ stories of success and challenges. No speeches, no PowerPoints, no handouts. Just genuine, raw stories. Sessions are moderated by Ris Higgins, owner of Leadership Outfitters and long-time mentor to women entrepreneurs. Join us as they share their advice and encouragement with our community of women entrepreneurs.
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
- Michelle cofounded PocketNC along with her husband, Matt. She currently covers a large amount of responsibilities from supplier management to payroll and web design.
- Pocket NC is a startup in Bozeman building 5 axis desktop CNC mills.
- Desktop CNC mills are similar to 3D printers in the sense that they are often used to prototype small parts. Using subtractive manufacturing allows for the use of more materials like wood and metals. The Pocket NC has 5 axes of motion allowing it to make very complex parts with minimal setup time.
- Michelle graduated from Montana State University in 2010 with degrees in Mechanical Engineering and Spanish.
- Pocket NC launched a successful Kickstarter campaign in the summer of 2015 which raised $355,000. After completing the orders for the campaign in March of 2016, they are taking preorders for machines to begin being delivered in May and working on developing more product lines.
(Tuesday) 2:00 pm - 4:30 pm
The Baxter Ballroom
105 West Main Street, Bozeman, MT 59715